Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
Philippines
Hello I just want you to help me what is the answer to the questions below: I want to know if it is positive, negative, or neutral connotations
1. coalesce
2. articulated
3. subservient
4. sophisticated
5.democratize
6. surreptitiously

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello. I just want would like you to help me what is tell me the answer to the questions below: I want to know if it is if the following words have positive, negative, or neutral connotations.

1. coalesce
2. articulated
3. subservient
4. sophisticated
5.democratize
6. surreptitiously

Welcome to the forum.

That's not how the forum works. We don't just dish out answers. We need to know why you are asking us about the connotations of those words. We also want to see that you have done some work yourself - look each word up in a good dictionary and then tell us what you think. Give links to the dictionary definitions you use to come to your conclusions.
Also, please check the information in your member profile. Is "Native Language: English" correct?

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
You don't even need to buy a good dictionary.

Click here for free access to dozens of online dictionaries, and bookmark the site for future reference.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
It also depends on context- support can coalesce around a political figure. This is great if you are a supporter, but negative if you are not.

Status
Not open for further replies.