Could somebody EDIT my motivation letter :) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaisek

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Cyprus
Current Location
Poland
Hello Guys! Thank you so much for the possibility to ask about correction.
Dear Dr. XX
I am Vth year medical student at XX in XX. I am writing to express my great interest in applying for an paid elective period (one month – September 2016) at Otorhinolaryngology Department of your hospital. I appreciate the ability of applying to XX University Hospital because I am aiming for the best possible start for a successful medical career. I believe that the staff and facilities are excellent.
To be honest I didn’t have yet Otorhinolaryngology course in my education because its start from the VI year of my medical program.My choice is Otorhinolaryngology because it’s a wide interdisciplinary medical branch. I worked a lot with my father who is Allergist, learning about diagnosis and treatment of chronic sinusitis, rhinitis and wide range of allergies. I also attend to Neurology students research circle at my University where we studied more deeply about cranial nerve disorders, diziness, hearling loss, mastoiditis, and otitis, I was always a specially interested in the damages of the hearing pathway and and the complexity of the location of the nuclei (and their interconnections ) of vestibulocochlear nerve, I would love to participate and observe an Cochlea implantation. I was one of the best students in Pharmacology and I have got the best possible mark. I belive that this knowlegde will help me in my internship.
In my first two years I engrossed my theoretical skills in anatomy, physiology and biochemistry. In the beginning of my third year, I realized how practical medical education has become .I learned how to perform a full clinical history and a complete physical examination. I was also able to study microbiology, pathology, pharmacology.
In my fourth and fifth year I became a clinical student, and since then I have been learning theoretical matters and also honing practical skills in many different clinical areas being assigned to many different hospital deparments including General Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Pulmonology, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Neurology, Oncology and Hematology Pediatrics, Psychiatry,Oncology, Hematology, Infectious Diseases and Genetic Diseases.
My research experience is a review publication about Vitiligo treatment and currently I am working on publishing an research about co interaction and neurtropenia related to use of Vth generation of Cephalosporines with Clinical Pharmacology Department in my Univeristy.
I studied in my elementary school basics of German Language, currently I am attending for lessons to private German teacher.I also applied for a summer intensive German language course organized by University of XX so hopefully I will me enough prepared to work at your department.
I am committed to giving my best to any situation, have a holistic approach and would value the opportunity of working in a first class hospital like Univeristy Hospital in XX. It would be my absolute pleasure to work at your department and I believe I have the potential to be a valuable member of the hospital team. I look forward to discussing my application.
Yours faithfully,

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Dear Dr. XX,

I am a 5th-year medical student at XX in XX. I am writing to express my [STRIKE]great[/STRIKE] strong interest in applying for [STRIKE]an[/STRIKE] a paid elective period (one month – September 2016) at the otorhinolaryngology Department of your hospital.

[STRIKE]To be honest I didn’t[/STRIKE] I have not yet studied any otorhinolaryngology courses [STRIKE]in my education because its start from[/STRIKE] because that is only offered in the [STRIKE]VI[/STRIKE] 6th year of my medical program. [STRIKE]My choice is[/STRIKE] I wish to study otorhinolaryngology because it’s a wide interdisciplinary medical branch. I have worked a lot with my father who is an allergist, learning about the diagnosis and treatment of chronic sinusitis, rhinitis and a wide range of allergies. I have also attended [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] a neurology student research circle at my university where we studied [STRIKE]more deeply[/STRIKE] about cranial nerve disorders, dizziness, hearing loss, mastoiditis, and otitis in depth. I was always especially interested in [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] studying damage [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] to the hearing pathway and [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] the complexity of the location of the nuclei (and their interconnections) of vestibulocochlear nerve. I would love to participate in [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] or at least observe a cochlear implantation. I was one of the best students in pharmacology, and I [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] got the best possible mark. I believe that this knowledge will help me in my internship.

In my first two years of medical school, I [STRIKE]engrossed my[/STRIKE] gained a solid understanding of [STRIKE]theoretical skills in[/STRIKE] anatomy, physiology and biochemistry. [STRIKE]In[/STRIKE] At the beginning of my third year, I realized how practical medical education has become, and I learned how to perform a full clinical history and a complete physical examination. I was also able to study microbiology, pathology, and pharmacology. In my fourth and fifth years, I became a clinical student, and since then, I have been learning theoretical matters and also honing my practical skills in many different clinical areas, being assigned to many different hospital departments including general surgery, plastic surgery, internal medicine, cardiology, pulmonology, endocrinology, gastroenterology, neurology, pediatric oncology and hematology, [STRIKE]Pediatrics,[/STRIKE] psychiatry, oncology, hematology, infectious diseases and genetic diseases.

My research experience is a review of a publication about vitiligo treatment, and currently, I am working on publishing a research paper about co-interaction and neurtropenia related to the use of [STRIKE]Vth[/STRIKE] 5th-generation [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] Cephalosporines with the Clinical Pharmacology Department in my university.
I studied in my elementary school the basics of the German Language, and currently, I am attending [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] lessons [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] by a private German teacher. I have also applied for a summer intensive German language course organized by the University of XX, so hopefully I will [STRIKE]me enough[/STRIKE] be sufficiently prepared to work at your department.

I am committed to giving my best to any situation, have a holistic approach and would value the opportunity of working in a first-class hospital like the University Hospital in XX. It would be my absolute pleasure to work at your department, and I believe I have the potential to be a valuable member of the hospital team. I look forward to discussing my application with you.

Yours faithfully,

Status
Not open for further replies.