[Grammar] Could you please provide us a Safety Data Sheet for a Colum 250mm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volodymyr

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
Are the following sentences correct?
Could you please provide us a Safety Data Sheet for a Column 250mm? Our customer has to pass the colum to their partner in Belarus accros the border. In this case a product has to supplied with SDS.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Could you please provide us with a safety data sheet for [STRIKE]a Column[/STRIKE] your 250mm column? Our customer has to pass the column to their partner in Belarus across the border, which means [STRIKE]In this case a product has to supplied with[/STRIKE] an SDS is necessary.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
You're welcome. There's actually no need to write a post to thank someone on the forum. Clicking Like/Thank is more than enough. :)

Volodymyr

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
Ok, I will follow to your advice. You wrote an SDS is necessary. Is this correct? Or should be "a SDS"?

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Yes, "an SDS" is correct. The choice of article depends on the sound of the letter, not the letter itself. Here, we have "ess-dee-ess". Therefore, we need "an" not "a".
cf.
I was a university student in 1990.
I was an hour late yesterday.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
There's actually no need to write a post to thank someone on the forum. Clicking Like/Thank is more than enough. :)

Ok, I will follow [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] your advice.

Volodymyr, this is the sixth time I have deleted a "Thank you" post by you. On each occasion, I have said that such posts are unnecessary. Piscean told you the same thing in another thread. Hopefully, you will follow that advice now that it's been given to you by a third member of the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.