Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

The government will offer various sized plastic bags for the public for the disposal charges come April. If some rubbish, such as furniture, can't be put into the bags, we need to stick a label on the object, which would be charged for the highest fee HK$11. Some people think about how to throw away brooms which aren't big, just very long, but they will be charged for $11. After knowing this concern, an officer suggested the public saw the broom off so that it can be put into the bag. I wouldn't bother to do it. Maybe in the future, I will buy an adjustable broom.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

The government will offer various sized plastic provide the public with bags of different sizes for the public for the disposal charges come April.
What do you mean by disposal charges? For sorting and disposal of rubbish?
If some rubbish, such as furniture, can't be put into the bags, we need to stick a label on the object, which would be charged for the highest fee of HK$11 for disposal. Some people think about are trying to figure out how to throw away brooms, which aren't big, just very long, but they will be charged for $11. After knowing In response to this concern, an officer suggested the public saw cut the broom off to shorter lengths so that it can be put into the bag. I wouldn't bother to do it. Maybe in the future, I will buy an adjustable broom a broom with adjustable handle.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
The government will offer various sized sizes of plastic bags bag for to the public ready for when the rubbish disposal charges come in in April.
Will you get the bags in advance?
If some rubbish, such as furniture, can't be put into the bags, we will need to stick a label on the object.
This sentence needs some more information, such as what you'll write on the label.
which Collection/disposal of these would be charged for at the highest fee rate - HK$11.
Are you being charged for the collection of items or for their disposal?
Some people think are wondering about how what will happen if they want to throw away brooms a broom.
That's a really specific concern!! :LOL:
which aren't Brooms aren't big, just very long, but they probably won't fit in the bags so they will be charged for at $11.

After knowing hearing of this concern, an a [local] government officer suggested the public sawing the broom off up so that it the pieces can be put will fit into the a bag.

I wouldn't bother to do it.
Why not? It's what I was going to suggest!
Maybe in the future, I will buy an adjustable a broom with an adjustable-length handle.

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
Last edited:

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
We need to pay the bags fee if we need to throw away the rubbish. For more information.
In that case, you can say:

Starting in April, the public will be required to purchase bags (that come in different sizes) from the government for the disposal of domestic rubbish.