Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Do we register with a website?

A representative of a company says " login to our website for more information".

Is it correct to say "okay but to login to your website we first need to register with you. Am I correct?"?

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia

A representative of a company says " login to our website for more information".

Is it correct to say "Okay, but to login to your website, we first need to register [STRIKE]with you[/STRIKE]. Am I correct?"?

Yes.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

A representative of a company says "Log in to our website for more information".

Is it correct to say "Okay, but to log in to your website, we first need to register on/for/with it. [strike]with you.[/strike] Am I correct?"?

Note my corrections above.

In your opening sentence, you should have made it clear that the preposition was the word you were asking us about.
Don't leave a space after opening quotation marks.
"Log in" is the verb you needed. "Login" is a noun.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
To me, "register for a website" suggests one is attempting to reserve a particular website name with a domain registration company. I wouldn't use "on it", and while "with it" is not as such wrong, I think it's unnecessary. I think simply using "to register" is sufficient, especially if "first" is moved to the end of that sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.