Student or Learner
Native Language
Georgian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
Please check.

It wasn't necessary by her side to show so much modesty, because what he had done must have known for everybody. Sometimes it's necessary not to hide your prodigy and make sure the public that you're different from them. Neither too much modesty is good, nor too much pride. Keep wise distance between them.

Are there any grammar mistakes?

Yours sincerely!

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Please check.

It wasn't necessary by her side to show so much modesty, because what he had done must have known for everybody. Sometimes it's necessary not to hide your prodigy and make sure the public that you're different from them. Neither too much modesty is good, nor too much pride. Keep wise distance between them.

Are there any grammar mistakes?

Yours sincerely!

It doesn't make sense.

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Georgian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
OK. I'll try to paraphrase it.
"She is too much modest. Once he had done something very special and didn't say".(I add my opinion at the end of the sentence), that sometimes it's not necessary to hide your talent. Neither too much modesty is good (in general), nor to be too much proud.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
OK. I'll try to paraphrase it.
"She is too much modest. Once he had done something very special and didn't say".(I add my opinion at the end of the sentence), that sometimes it's not necessary to hide your talent. Neither too much modesty is good (in general), nor to be too much proud.
"She is much too modest" or simply, "She is too modest". The next sentence is still incomprehensible: who didn't say what? And who is 'he'? You've mentioned a 'she', now you're talking about a 'he'.
The rest is almost understandable. You probably mean something like, "You don't have to hide your talent. Neither too much modesty nor too much pride are good." (It's best to be somewhere in between).

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Georgian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
I've mixed "she" and "he" mechanically. There must be "she".
She didn't say about what she's done(very kind thing).

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
I've mixed "she" and "he" mechanically. There must be "she".
She didn't say about what she's done(very kind thing).
"She's too modest. She once did something very special, but then never mentioned it!"
You certainly can't mix 'she' and 'he' and expect to be understood. You might know what you are talking about, but we don't.

Last edited:
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Georgian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
I'm trying to tell short story in my sentences. I mix tenses and want to know if the're correct. That's why very often you can't understand what I'm talking about. All my sentences are imaginary. I'm trying to improve my English using that way.(create some sentences and translate myself. It helps me to see my mistakes and to improve too).

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
I'm trying to tell short story in my sentences. I mix tenses and want to know if the're correct. That's why very often you can't understand what I'm talking about. All my sentences are imaginary. I'm trying to improve my English using that way.(create some sentences and translate myself. It helps me to see my mistakes and to improve too).
You can't do that. What you're writing are paragraphs. If you want to write discrete sentences, place them on different lines. But your sentences aren't discrete, because there is a narrative thoughout your paragraph in which you arbitrarily change 'she' to 'he'.
You need to decide if you want to write a coherent paragraph or a list of unrelated sentences. Otherwise it's nonsense, and people here will rightly tell you so, and not bother to check it. We have to start from the premise that you are at least trying to write coherent English.

Status
Not open for further replies.