Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hi.

There are some sports facilities in my neighborhood these days and I notice that many old people are using such facilities to help them keep fit. We didn't have such facilities in our neighborhood in the past few years so those old people would rather play cards or play chess or just chitchat there in a, say, local park. But with the establishment of such facilities, people (not only elderlies) exercise from time to time. I asked some of my grandpa's friends and they said yes, we do exercises on those equipments and we become healthier. I wrote the following sentence to express that. Is it natural?

With the establishment of these sports facilities, elderly people will spend more time than they did exercising by using these facilities which will reciprocally promote their health.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
With the establishment of these sports facilities, elderly people will (get to) spend more time than they did exercising by using these facilities for exercise, which will reciprocally promote be beneficial to their health.

"Reciprocally promote" doesn't work.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
There are some sports facilities in my neighborhood these days and I've noticed that many old people are using such facilities them to help them keep fit. We didn't have such facilities in our neighborhood in the past few years until recently so those old people would rather play cards, or play chess or just chitchat there in a, say, a local park. But However, with the establishment of such the sports facilities, some people (not only elderlies the elderly) exercise from time to time. I asked some of my grandpa's friends if they use the facilities and they said yes, we that they do exercises on those the equipments equipment and we have become healthier.
I wrote the following sentence to express that. Is it natural?

With the establishment of these local sports facilities, elderly people will now spend more time exercising than they did used to, exercising by using these facilities which will reciprocally promote has improved their health.
See above. Note that "equipment" is uncountable.