[General] English language test - CAE or CPE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

v.viktorija

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Serbian
Home Country
Serbia
Current Location
Serbia
Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding the CAE and CPE language exams. I did the Cambridge English Language Assessment on their website and got a score of 25/25 which means I am supposed to do the CPE exam. But then I started going through online practice tests for CPE and it seems like I am making to many mistakes :-?
I tried doing some CAE practice tests and they seem so easy (maybe a bit too easy). Just to note, I want to prepare on my own, I do not intend on attending a language course and both exams are in late November/early December.
Besides the obvious question 'Which language exam should I take?', I'd also like to know is passing a CAE exam good enough to attend a post graduate university program (in an English speaking country) and to get a job at a reputable international company (lower-managerial positions)?

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
CAE is accepted by many universities, but not all. You might want to look into IETS or TOEFL for that purpose, and check the individual university's requirements. CAE should be OK for getting a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.