Freedom, part five

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say:

How different it was from my hometown where cafes and pubs and restaurants were everywhere.

Say:

...to cater to bohemians....

Next paragraph. Say:

I looked at the price lists at the entrances of some of the pubs and restaurants....

And:

..."Don't expect anyone to buy you a cup of coffee, let alone a dinner in a restaurant."

Tarheel,
Is it correct to say as you have written "socialize with other" or should it be "socialize with others", I mean in plural?

Say:

socialize with others

Tarheel,

I am wondering if I could write "sparsely visited" instead of "sparsely populated."

That would be better, I think. Maybe just say:

You didn't ever see very many people in those places, and with those high prices I didn't wonder why.

I didn't know about those posts. But I found them without exactly looking for them. Anyhow, I don't have copy and paste on this thing, so I have to type everything.

Tarheel,

These were just small mistakes. I posted my questions just to be sure. I would like to tell you again how grateful I am that you take a look at my texts and help me and correct my mistakes. The older I become the more I appreciate people like you who help others, especially when you do that voluntarily.

Last edited:
Actually, I do have copy and paste, but it only works when I don't want it to.
:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back