From native point of views, the vocabulary and accuracy of the text?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Yigit

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey

Hi all! Having considered the essential proficiency you have, as a researcher and English Linguistic from Turkey, wonder if it is possible to analyze the article through the lens of native speakers and writers. No editing or alteration is needed, just general comments are welcomed for a general language overview. Thanks in advance.

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
A general comment on the abstract alone: The text was written by an obviously non-native speaker of English and so is full of errors of various kinds. You should find someone to sort it all out for you. If you really can't afford to pay someone for a few hours' work, use an AI tool to correct all the language—you really have no excuse to release an academic paper containing grammatical errors and unnatural language.

Anyway, it looks like you've published it already, so it's too late now, right? Who's the publisher?

The Yigit

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
A general comment on the abstract alone: The text was written by an obviously non-native speaker of English and so is full of errors of various kinds. You should find someone to sort it all out for you. If you really can't afford to pay someone for a few hours' work, use an AI tool to correct all the language—you really have no excuse to release an academic paper containing grammatical errors and unnatural language.

Anyway, it looks like you've published it already, so it's too late now, right? Who's the publisher?
Thanks for the feedback. First of all, the comment seems a little bit exteme for a published paper who have undergone the review of English professors of ELT departments in Turkey, I accept that it is a work of non-native, which is me, but if the error distribution was to the extent you mentioned, that wouldn't be published anyway. Still, I need your precious harsh comments on my new article as well, which is being written for a term paper, not publication.

Attachments

• Review Article negative emotions.pdf
    357.3 KB · Views: 1

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Still, I need your precious harsh comments on my new article as well, which is being written for a term paper, not publication.
When is your term paper due and who is going to be marking/grading it?

The Yigit

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
When is your term paper due and who is going to be marking/grading it?
It is an article for the individual differences course of the English language Master's degree program that needs to be delivered until 8th of May. The associate professor of the department is going to grade and give feedback about it.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
In that case, I'm afraid we can't give you any assistance. The forum rules state clearly that we do not help with homework/assignments or anything that will be graded. Your associate professor needs to see your work, not ours.

Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.