Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
I had a conversation with a CEO to show my interest in joining his team.

He replied to me and said " let's see what happens next few weeks. I plan to beef up this team so stay in touch"

I would like to get in touch with him but I am little confused how to start my sentence:

Option 1: Further to your earlier reply to me, I am getting in touch with you to ask if HR can start the process with me.

Option 2: Further to our earlier communication, I am getting in touch with you to ask if HR can start the process with me.

Option 3: Further to what come in your recent communication, I am getting in touch with you to ask if HR can start the process with me.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I had a conversation with a CEO to show my interest in joining his team. He [STRIKE]replied to me and[/STRIKE] said "Let's see what happens in the next few weeks. I plan to beef up this team so stay in touch."

I would like to get in touch with him but I am little confused about how to start. [STRIKE]my sentence:[/STRIKE]

Option 1: Further to your earlier reply [STRIKE]to me[/STRIKE], I [STRIKE]am getting in touch with you[/STRIKE] would like to ask if HR can start the process with me.

Option 2: Further to our earlier communication, I [STRIKE]am getting in touch with you[/STRIKE] would like to ask if HR can start the process with me.

Option 3: Further to what come in your recent communication, I am getting in touch with you to ask if HR can start the process with me.

Note my corrections above. I have no idea what you were trying to say with #3 so I haven't done anything to it. "Further to what come ..." is ungrammatical. We told you in a previous thread that "the process" doesn't work. It's not clear what process you're talking about.

In addition, if the CEO already said "Let's see what happens in the next few weeks", there is no process to start. You haven't even been offered a job.

Economist2010

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Note my corrections above. I have no idea what you were trying to say with #3 so I haven't done anything to it. "Further to what come ..." is ungrammatical. We told you in a previous thread that "the process" doesn't work. It's not clear what process you're talking about.

In addition, if the CEO already said "Let's see what happens in the next few weeks", there is no process to start. You haven't even been offered a job.

Many thanks. I meant the process of interviewing me

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Many thanks. I meant the process of interviewing me.

I still think you're pre-empting things. When the CEO decides the time is right to start interviewing people, ready to "beef up" the team, he (or the HR department) will contact you.

Economist2010

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
I still think you're pre-empting things. When the CEO decides the time is right to start interviewing people, ready to "beef up" the team, he (or the HR department) will contact you.
No, as he clearly said "stay in touch"

Appreciate if you can edit option #3 for me. Many thanks

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
No, [strike]as[/strike] he clearly said "stay in touch".

I would appreciate it if you [strike]can[/strike] could/would edit option #3 for me. Many thanks.

OK, that's a fair point. He did say "Stay in touch". However, he didn't guarantee you an interview so your message won't make sense. Try something like:

We spoke on [date] about the possibility of my joining your team. Are you able to give me any indication of when the interview process might begin?

As I told you before, I can't correct your original sentence #3 because I don't know what you're trying to say with "Further to what come in your recent communication". It's so garbled I can't make sense of it. You need to explain it using different words.

Please make sure you read and take note of all our corrections in the quote boxes. In post #4, I had to add a closing full stop to your post in the quote box. In this post, I have had to add two missing full stops!

Status
Not open for further replies.