Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hello. Would you correct the text below, please? (If you don't mind explain the errors I have done)
I think I am 169 cm tall. And my weight is 95 kg. According to the food science, there is a relation between weight and height. So my proper weight must be approximately 70 kg. This means I must lose 25 kg to be in a good shape. So I am definitely very fat. If I was not such fat I would find suitable clothes to wear. One off the important thing, to lose or gain weight, is food diet and the calories the body achieves from burning the food. Some high calories foods are bread, rice, chocolate, and fat. If I had eaten less amount off these foods I would have never got fat. I plan to lose 3 kg per month. I hope I can do that.
thanks in advance.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Welcome to the forum. :hi:

The first thing you should do is click on Edit Post and fix the capitalisation and punctuation spacing errors. Here are the rules you need to follow:

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- End every sentence with one, appropriate punctuation mark.
- Always capitalise the word "I" (first person singular).
- Do not put a space before a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Always put a space after a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Put a space before an opening bracket and after a closing bracket.

Note: the word you need is "lose", not "loos" and at the end you need "Thanks in advance".

After you make those changes, click Save.

aspnet_22

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Welcome to the forum. :hi:

The first thing you should do is click on Edit Post and fix the capitalisation and punctuation spacing errors. Here are the rules you need to follow:

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- End every sentence with one, appropriate punctuation mark.
- Always capitalise the word "I" (first person singular).
- Do not put a space before a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Always put a space after a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Put a space before an opening bracket and after a closing bracket.

Note: the word you need is "lose", not "loos" and at the end you need "Thanks in advance".

After you make those changes, click Save.
Hello. Thank you for your help. I have corrected the mistakes as you had guided me. So is there any thing else I should take care about?

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
You misread one of the rules. I said that you must put a space after every full stop. Please edit posts 1 and 3.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Hello. Thank you for your help. I have corrected the mistakes as you had guided me. So is there any thing else I should take care about?
You are still repeating your errors. You need to leave a space after a period.
"I think my height"

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Hello. Would you correct the text below, please? (If you don't mind explain the errors I have [STRIKE]done[/STRIKE] made.)
I think I am 169 cm tall. And my weight is 95 kg. According to [STRIKE]the [/STRIKE] food science, there is a relation between weight and height. So my proper weight [STRIKE]must[/STRIKE] should be approximately 70 kg. This means I must lose 25 kg to be in [STRIKE] a [/STRIKE] good shape. So I am definitely very fat. If I was not [STRIKE]such[/STRIKE] so fat I would (could?) find suitable clothes to wear. One [STRIKE]off[/STRIKE] of the most important things to lose or gain weight [I'd write "in losing or gaining weight" with that sentence introduction] is [STRIKE]food[/STRIKE] diet and the calories the body [STRIKE]achieves[/STRIKE] uses in burning the food. Some high calorie[STRIKE]s [/STRIKE]foods are bread, rice, chocolate, and fat. If I had eaten less amount of these foods I would never have got fat. [better] I plan to lose 3 kg per month. I hope I can do that.
thanks in advance.
See above.

aspnet_22

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
I am sorry for bothering you a lot. I think the errors have been corrected. Please guide me to correct the others. (If there is any error left).

aspnet_22

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
See above.
Thank you. It was very helpful. I am afraid I don't understand the below sentence:
[better] I plan to lose 3 kg per month
What do you mean by phrase better?

Last edited:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Some high-calorie foods are bread, rice, chocolate, and fat. If I had eaten less [STRIKE]amount off[/STRIKE] of these foods, I would have never got fat. I plan to lose 3 kg per month. I hope I can do that.
Thanks in advance.
Raymott was saying that his version is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.