Guilty as charged in count one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Each separate charge is called a count. Count one is the first in the list of charges.

In news reports, you often hear things like "She was arrested on four counts of burglary." That means she was charged with committing burglary on four separate occasions.

The first of four court charges?

You have a habit of making a statement and putting a question mark at the end, Ted.

If this is your way of suggesting an alternative to the original sentence, it doesn't work very well.

What does the phrase "in count one" mean?
I'm more familiar with "on count one" in such contexts, but then again, I'm not a legal expert. I wonder if that was a mistake/typo.

You have a habit of making a statement and putting a question mark at the end, Ted.

If this is your way of suggesting an alternative to the original sentence, it doesn't work very well.

Well, I could have put How about in front.

It was not meant to be a sentence. And I believe I am not the only one posting phrases (or single words) instead of complete sentences sometimes.

Ted, I wouldn't call them court charges. It's the prosecution that charges you, not the court.

That was just Tedmc asking for clarification. It seemed clear enough.

It's true that we often post phrases.

That was just Tedmc asking for clarification. It seemed clear enough.
It did to us because we're used to it. Other students may be confused by the construction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back