Academic
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
Singapore
Hi All ,

Am currently working on my Motivation letter to be submitted in support of my application for Erasmus Mundus course.
The course specializes in Big Data Analytics and i have recently completed Few MOOC via Coursera related to very similar area.

4 of them related to Big Data from University of California , San Diego
2 related to Business Analytics , Namely Customer Analytics and People Analytics from Wharton Online

"Academically, I have always performed well and consistently have been placed among top 5% of students in my batch. I passed my Bachelors in Computer engineering with a Distinction and then after completed Diploma in Systems Analysis from one of Top Universities in Asia namely, NUS. It is here where I picked up my skill of practicum implementation of the basic programming fundamentals taught over time. As part of my diploma coursework, I worked in Silicon Labs as an Intern where I was exposed to Business Intelligence suite for the very first time. With very minimal formal training being given , I managed to develop a Business Object (BO) report - forecasting a very near-to-perfect supply demand variation plot, which resulted in reducing inventory stock loss by 1-2%, A prodigious achievement considering my experience and familiarity with Business Intelligence Tools. This very encounter during my early career stage fueled my desire to explore more and get familiarize with hidden potential of using Data Analytics tools and related technologies"

I wrote this section focussing on my Education and Internship details. Would you suggest including those MOOC details over here or to specify them after specifying about the projects which required me to undertake these MOOC to get my basics correct.

Can anyone please write up the section if it has to be included with Academic details.
Look forward to hear some valuable comments

Regards
Ashesh

Last edited:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Academically, I have always performed well and consistently have been placed among top 5% of students in my batch. I [STRIKE]passed[/STRIKE] completed my Bachelor in Computer Engineering with a Distinction, and [STRIKE]then after[/STRIKE] subsequently completed a Diploma in Systems Analysis from NUS, one of the top universities in Asia. [STRIKE]namely, NUS.[/STRIKE] It is here where I picked up my basic practical [STRIKE]skill of practicum implementation of the basic[/STRIKE] programming skills. [STRIKE]fundamentals taught over time.[/STRIKE] As part of my diploma coursework, I worked in Silicon Labs as an intern where I was exposed to the Business Intelligence suite for the very first time. With very minimal formal training, [STRIKE]being given ,[/STRIKE] I managed to develop a Business Object (BO) report - forecasting a very near-to-perfect supply demand variation plot, which resulted in reducing inventory stock loss by 1-2%. [STRIKE], A prodigious achievement considering my experience and familiarity with Business Intelligence Tools. This very encounter during[/STRIKE] That experience, early in my early career [STRIKE]stage[/STRIKE] fueled my desire to explore more [STRIKE]and get familiarize with hidden[/STRIKE] the potential of using data analytics tools and related technologies.
See corrections.

I wrote this section focusing on my education and internship details. Would you suggest including those MOOC details over here, or [STRIKE]to specify[/STRIKE] should I add them after [STRIKE]specifying[/STRIKE] writing about the projects which required me to undertake those MOOC? [STRIKE]to get my basics correct.[/STRIKE]
That's hard to tell without seeing the overall context.

Can anyone please write up the section if it has to be included with academic details?
I'm not sure what you mean, but the basic answer is no. You need to write your own text; we can't do that for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.