Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Hello everyone,

I'm new in this forum and I'm writing you because I would need some help with a little thank-you letter that I have written to a person who was very kind with me during the brief time we was together. English isn't my natal language, in fact, my level is pretty mediocre... so, I hope you can help me to correct the mistakes you can find in it and, if you like, enrich the way of expressing it. Thank you so much for your time!

Dear X

I could not pass up the opportunity to thank you in a special way for the sweet and good companion you have been. From the first day, you have helped me in everything I needed, many times without even asking you. You always made me feel very comfortable and integrated and although you may think that were small things, to me were great gestures.

Knowing Ireland, its university, its beautiful landscapes ... has been really wonderful, but best of all, without a doubt, has been to meet such good people, like you.

I wish you all the best in everything that you propose. I do not know if we'll meet again, who knows, but for what you need, you have a friend.

Thank you for so much for all.

Sincerely.

G.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hello everyone,

I'm new in this forum, and I'm writing [STRIKE]you[/STRIKE] because I [STRIKE]would[/STRIKE] need some help with a little thank-you letter that I have written to a person who was very kind [STRIKE]with[/STRIKE] to me during the brief time we [STRIKE]was[/STRIKE] spent together. English isn't my [STRIKE]natal[/STRIKE] native language; in fact, my level is pretty mediocre, so I hope you can help me to correct the mistakes you can find in [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] my text and, if you like, [STRIKE]enrich the way of expressing[/STRIKE] improve it. Thank you so much for your time!

Dear X,

I [STRIKE]could not pass up the opportunity[/STRIKE] truly want to thank you in a special way for the sweet and [STRIKE]good[/STRIKE] great companion you have been. From the very first day, you [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] helped me in everything I needed, many times without even being asked. [STRIKE]asking you.[/STRIKE] You always made me feel very comfortable and [STRIKE]integrated[/STRIKE] at home, and although you may think [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] those were small things, to me they were great gestures.

Getting to see [STRIKE]knowing[/STRIKE] Ireland, its universities, and its beautiful landscapes has been really wonderful, but best of all, without a doubt, has been [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] meeting such good people like you.

I wish you all the best in everything that you do. [STRIKE]propose.[/STRIKE] I do not know if we'll meet again; who knows? But [STRIKE]for what[/STRIKE] if you ever need any help, you know you have a friend in me.

Thank you [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] so much for everything. [STRIKE]all.[/STRIKE]

[STRIKE] Sincerely.[/STRIKE]

Yours,

G.

Status
Not open for further replies.