Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Is it common to call someone with many talents/skills a "Swiss army knife"?

I searched and found it in an article:

Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 8.22.05 PM.png

Are these correct and natural?

1. Jane is every employer's dream. She's like a Swiss Army knife with many talents and skills. She also has a flexible personality and is very adaptive.
2. What I need on my team is a person who's like a Swiss Army knife, an all rounder capable of multi-tasking.
3. James is the Swiss Army knife of the band. He can play the guitar, the keyboard and he's a demon drummer!
4. Gareth is like a Swiss Army knife. It's good to take him camping with you. He's good at repairing cars, can set up a tent and he's an excellent cook.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Is it common to call someone with many talents/skills a "Swiss army knife"?
Common? No. Understandable? Yes.
Are these correct and natural?

1. Jane is every employer's dream. She's like a Swiss Army knife, with many talents and skills. She also has a flexible personality and is very adaptive. I have no idea what a "flexible personality" is.
2. What I need on my team is a person who's like a Swiss Army knife; an all-rounder capable of multi-tasking.
3. James is the Swiss Army knife of the band. He can play the guitar , the and keyboards, and he's a demon drummer!
4. Gareth is like a Swiss Army knife. It's He's good to take him camping with you. He's good at repairing cars, can set up a tent and he's an excellent cook. Maybe look for an alternative to "good".
Note my corrections and comments above.

Status
Not open for further replies.