Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Hi guys,

When we are away from loved one or from a place to which we are emotionaly attached, and our mind reminds us again and again of the same person or place, so what do we say like "I am home sick" , or if we have to say this considering a person like our mom.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Saying that you are homesick (it's one word) simply means that you are missing where you live. That can include your house, your cat, your friends, your family - you simply miss the life you have/had at your usual home and it strikes while you are away from home, usually for an extended period. Young children might get homesick after being away for just a day or two.

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
so do we need to say I am mom sick or family sick? or is there any other way to say this?

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
so do we need to say I am mom sick or family sick? or is there any other way to say this?

Will you ever learn to use correct capitalisation? No, "sick" doesn't work in those examples. You can say "I miss my mum/family".

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
So do we need to say "I am mom sick" or "family sick"? ​Or is there any other way to say this?

Tufguy, I suspect you will soon find that we won't be keen to answer your questions. We have told you time and time again to use correct capitalisation in your posts. If you won't listen to our advice, we will stop trying to help you.

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
No, if you're "lovesick" you are so in love that you can't focus on other things, you may act stupid, your brain doesn't function right. You can say "I miss my girlfriend."

I personally don't care if it's convenient. If I can use proper capitalization and punctuation when using my phone, so can others. It's a sign of respect for the people helping that you be as correct as you know how to be when you post.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Tufguy, I suspect you will soon find that we won't be keen to answer your questions. We have told you time and time again to use correct capitalisation in your posts. If you won't listen to our advice, we will stop trying to help you.
And if I am the first to read one of your posts with incorrect capitalisation I will immediately delete it.

Status
Not open for further replies.