Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
I am a Taiwanese college student who major in foreign languages and literature. Although I have been learning English for many years, I always find myself at a lose when it comes to actually having a conversation with native speakers. It is not easy for me to express my thoughts in English appropriately. What are the best ways for Chinese speakers to improve their English speaking skills?

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I am a Taiwanese college student [STRIKE]who[/STRIKE] majoring in foreign languages and literature. Although I have been learning English for many years, I always find myself at a loss [STRIKE]lose[/STRIKE] when it comes to actually having a conversation with native speakers. It is not easy for me to find the appropriate words to express my thoughts in English. [STRIKE]appropriately.[/STRIKE] What are the best ways for Chinese speakers to improve their English speaking skills?

Hello greeny, and welcome to the forum. :)
There's no magic solution. Practice is your best bet. Try to practise speaking with your peers, friends or with native English speakers who may be living near you. Is there an English club/corner where you live?

Status
Not open for further replies.