How did you handle a student- teacher's tough situation?A personal experience essay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

THOUGHTFUL

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Most students have had some type of difficulty in one course or another. Difficulties stem from various sources, such as teacher-student conflicts or lack of interest in the subject field. In an essay to be read by an audience of educated adults, identify one class in which you faced a difficulty either as a student or as a teacher, describe the difficulty, and explain how you handled the situation.

Math is one of my favorite subjects from childhood, and it never bored me. Yet, during my middle school, once I lost the interest in math. The subject and topics were not seemed hard, but the new math teacher's teaching techniques and methods. However, she is a hard-working and dedicating teacher; But, her concepts were unclear to me.

One day I was practicing 'the Trigonometry' chapter in the group in free time after lunch. As usual, we were discussing the problems. Despite the laborious practice, I was incapable to learn the formulas. Meanwhile, my friend read my conflicts and asked the reason. I told him the confusion about the chapter. He took me to the math lab where the teacher was working. She looked at us and asked the reason. My friend said that he had some problems in the chapter. Although I was not sure If I would grasp the teacher's idea, I made my mind to listen as a story. She put her work aside and taught the whole lesson through real examples, such as how easily we can measure the length of any object just by the shadow of that object. Moreover, she suggested the simplest way to keep remembering the formulas by making stories. I wondered how interesting and simple her teaching. After this incident, whenever the concept did not clear to me; I always tried to understand through experiments and real examples, or went to the math lab without hesitation. Certainly, math is still my favourite subject

My less understanding or ambiguity had created confusion and anxiety. When we set our mind, we stuck at one point like I did. First, my focus was on the problems rather than to find answers. Then, I listened whole heartedly to understand. This incident taught me that our perception is the root of both problems and solution. After this experience, Whenever I deal with the problem, my focus is always on the solution not on the problems.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Do you have a question for us?

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Most students have had some type of difficulty in one course or another. Difficulties stem from various sources, such as teacher-student conflicts or lack of interest in the subject field. In an essay to be read by an audience of educated adults, identify one class in which you faced a difficulty either as a student or as a teacher, describe the difficulty, and explain how you handled the situation.

Math is one of my favorite subjects from childhood, and it never bored me. Yet, during my middle school, once I lost the interest in math. The subject and topics were not seemed hard, but the new math teacher's teaching techniques and methods [incomplete]. However, she is a hard-working and dedicating teacher; But, her concepts were unclear to me.

One day, I was practicing 'the Trigonometry' chapter in the group in free time after lunch. As usual, we were discussing the problems [incomplete]. Despite the laborious practice, I was incapable to learn the formulas. Meanwhile, my friend read my conflicts [Don't translate directly from your mother language; that doesn't work.] and asked the reason. I told him the confusion about the chapter. He took me to the math lab where the teacher was working. She looked at us and asked the reason. My friend said that he had some problems in the chapter [incomplete]. Although I was not sure If I would grasp the teacher's idea, I made my mind to listen as a story. She put her work aside and taught the whole lesson through real examples, such as how easily we can measure the length of any object just by the shadow of that object. Moreover, she suggested the simplest way to keep remembering the formulas by making stories. I wondered how interesting and simple her teaching [incomplete]. After this incident, whenever the concept did not clear to me; I always tried to understand through experiments and real examples, or went to the math lab without hesitation. Certainly, math is still my favourite subject.

My less understanding or ambiguity had created confusion and anxiety. When we set our mind, we stuck at one point like I did. First, my focus was on the problems rather than to find answers. Then, I listened wholeheartedly to understand. This incident taught me that our perception is the root of both problems and solutions. After this experience, Whenever I deal with the problem, my focus is always on the solution not on the problems.

I've highlighted some problem areas for you. Try to fix them.

THOUGHTFUL

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Math has been one of my favorite subjects since childhood.
The subject and topic did not seem hard, but the new math teacher's teaching techniques and methods were difficult to understand.
However, she was a hardworking and dedicated teacher; but, her concepts were unclear to me.

One day I was practicing the trigonometry chapter with the class group after lunch.
As usual, we were discussing the problems one by one by helping one another.
Despite the laborious practice, I was incapable in learning the formulas.
Meanwhile, my friend noticed it and asked the reason.
I told him the problem.
She looked at us and asked for the reason
My friend said that he had some problems and needed help to solve them.
Although I was not sure if I would grasp the teacher's idea, I made my mind to listen her like a story.
she suggested the simplest way to keep remembering the formulas by telling stories.
I was wondering how interesting and simple her teaching was.
After the incident, whenever concept is not clear to me, I always tried to understand through experiments and real examples, or went to the math lab without hesitation.

My little understanding...
Then, I listened whole heartedly to
After the experience, whenever I have been dealing with problems, my focus always on the solution not on the problems.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
The subject and topics did not seem hard, but the new math teacher's teaching techniques and methods were difficult to follow. [STRIKE]understand.[/STRIKE]

One day, I was [STRIKE]practicing [/STRIKE] doing some exercises from the trigonometry chapter with [STRIKE]the class group[/STRIKE] some classmates after lunch.
As usual, we were discussing the problems one by one [STRIKE]by[/STRIKE] and helping one another.
Despite the laborious practice, I was incapable of [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] learning the formulas.
Meanwhile, my friend noticed [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] that and asked for the reason.
I told him the problem.
She looked at us and asked how she could help. [STRIKE]for the reason[/STRIKE]
My friend said that he had some problems and needed help to solve them.
Although I was not sure if I would grasp the teacher's idea, I made up my mind to listen to her intently. [STRIKE]like a story.
[/STRIKE] She suggested that the simplest way to [STRIKE]keep[/STRIKE] remember [STRIKE]ing the[/STRIKE] formulas is by telling stories.
I was [STRIKE]wondering[/STRIKE]amazed how interesting and simple her [STRIKE]teaching[/STRIKE] method was.
After that, [STRIKE]the incident,[/STRIKE] whenever a concept [STRIKE]is [/STRIKE] was not clear to me, I always [STRIKE]tried to understand through experiments and real examples, or[/STRIKE] went to the math lab without hesitation.

My initial poor [STRIKE]little[/STRIKE] understanding...
Then, I [STRIKE]listened whole heartedly[/STRIKE] decided to focus and pay close attention to
After that experience, whenever I [STRIKE]have been dealing with [/STRIKE] encountered study problems, my focus was always on the solution, not on the problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.