Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hello.

I went for a solitary walk today. I stared at the street and the trees and I kept thinking how I can describe them.

This is the street:

0124.jpg

I thought I'd say something like this:

The mighty trees line up the street, converging in infinity. It's as if the trees are bending to form a tunnel.

Obviously, there are much better ways to describe it. How would you say it?

Hello.

I went for a solitary walk today. I looked at the street and the trees and I kept thinking about how I could describe them.

This is the street:

View attachment 3656

I thought I'd say something like this:

The mighty trees line up the street, converging in infinity. It's as if the trees are bending to form a tunnel.

Obviously, there are much better ways to describe it. How would you say it?

Not line up. Just line. Otherwise, it's not terrible.
:)

The mighty trees line the street, converging in infinity. It's as if the trees are bending to form a green tunnel.

There must be other ways as well. I mean more beautiful ways.

How about:

The trees arch over the street.

How about:

The trees arch over the street.

The trees arch over the street, extending the green lines continuously as if to infinity.

Well, my sense of beautiful English is just wakening, still not in a burgeoning stage. Who would like to edit it or offer a new version?

The trees arch over the street, extending the green lines continuously as if to infinity.

What do natives think about this?

The trees arch over the street, extending [STRIKE]the green lines continuously as if[/STRIKE] to infinity.

What do natives think about this?
Personally, I'd get right to the point.

How about:
The lofty trees arch over the street with the foliage merging to form a lush, verdant tunnel.drive-through.

OK, but do you need "drive-through"?

Not all tunnels are meant to be driven through.

It's a street.

How about:
The lofty trees arch over the street with the foliage merging to form a lush, verdant tunnel.drive-through.

A bit adjective heavy for my taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back