Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
There is party in our friend's home and I wonder duration of the party.''how long is it going to be' has same meaning with how long is it going to last ?
Also Can I say how long does it be / how long wil it be and how long does it last / how long will it last
Thanks for advance.

There is a party in our friend's home and I'm wondering about the duration of the party. Does "How long is it going to be?" has have the same meaning with as "How long is it going to last?"?
Also, can I say "How long does it be?", "How long will it be?", and "How long does it last?" and "How long will it last?"?

Thanks for in advance. Unnecessary. Thank us after we help you, by adding the "Thanks" icon to any response you find helpful.
How long is it going to be? ❌ This is a grammatical sentence but it doesn't work in this context.
How long is it going to last? ✅ As long as the listener knows you're talking about that party, this works.
How long does it be? ❌Completely ungrammatical.
How long will it be? ❌This is a grammatical sentence but it doesn't work in this context.
How long does it last? ❌ This is a grammatical sentence but it doesn't work in this context.
How long will it last? ✅ As long as the listener knows you're talking about that party, this works.

Note my corrections to your post in the quote box above.

In order to help you further, we need to know something. Has the party already started or is it going to happen in the future?

Back