How powerful hardware do you need on your computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

olegc

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
Hello.
Please check if questions in the list built correctly?

What is accounting software?
How powerful hardware do you need on your computer?
Does software allow sellers to provide dropshipping and/or do business as dropshippers?
What business rules does e-commerce software support?

Thanks.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hello.
Please check to see if the questions in the list are phrased correctly.

What is accounting software? :tick:
How powerful do you need the hardware on your computer to be?
Does the software allow sellers to provide dropshipping or do business as dropshippers?
What business rules does e-commerce software support? :tick:

OK.

Last edited:

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I thought rules are meant to be followed/complied with, not supported.

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I thought rules are meant to be followed/complied with, not supported.
They are, but software supports features of various kinds.

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
"Business rules" are not features though.
In this context, that's exactly what they are. The software can apply a set of business rules to a specified situation.

olegc

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
I'm pretty sure this isn't right. What do you mean?

Accounting software is software that does various accounting and bookkeeping tasks. It stores a business's financial data, and is often used to perform business transactions. Accounting software also offers useful tools like invoicing, bill payment, payroll, and financial reporting.

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
What business rules does e-commerce software support?
This question makes a general request: "There are many kinds of e-commerce software; please tell me about all the business rules the entire set of such software supports." I don't think that's what you want to ask. I suspect you're talking about specific software. You have to make that clear by saying something like this: What business rules does our e-commerce software support?

olegc

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
This question makes a general request: "There are many kinds of e-commerce software; please tell me about all the business rules the entire set of such software supports." I don't think that's what you want to ask. I suspect you're talking about specific software. You have to make that clear by saying something like this: What business rules does our e-commerce software support?

Yes. You are correct . Regarding business rules: for example, [company name removed] can offer different discounts depend of count products ordered or client's location.

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Yes. You are correct. Regarding business rules: for example, [company name removed] can offer different discounts depending [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] on [STRIKE]count[/STRIKE] the number of products ordered or the client's location.

I don't think the example you have given is what I would call a "business rule". In fact, I'm not really sure what I think a business rule is.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I don't think the example you have given is what I would call a "business rule". In fact, I'm not really sure what I think a business rule is.
The cited example is a typical business rule. It's a common term in business and information technology.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
To me, the giving of discounts in business can hardly be called a business rule. Rules are set to maintain order and discispline in any organisation. They are meant to be observed/followed/complied with, but not supported. I would call it a business policy, favouring certain categories of clients with certain sales volume over others.

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
To me, the giving of discounts in business can hardly be called a business rule. Rules are set to maintain order and discispline in any organisation.
Your understanding is incorrect. You're thinking of the rules an organization imposes on its staff. Business rules are algorithms applied to situations typically faced by a business or other organization. Discount schedules, salesperson commission schedules, revenue-sharing arrangements and the like are all examples of types of business rules that software often has to support.

Status
Not open for further replies.