I apologies for the late response, as I took a few days......

Status
Not open for further replies.

theol

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Japan
I am trying to email back to my professor. I am trying to say sorry for in getting back to him late and explain the reason for emailing him back late.

"I apologies for the late response, as I took a few days to gather my thoughts before writing the summary and the main points for the recommendation.

Does that make sense?
Does that sound formal and polite?
Is there a better way to write it?
[FONT=Verdana, Segoe UI, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Roboto, Oxygen, Ubuntu, Cantarell, Fira Sans, Droid Sans, sans-serif]Thanks.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Segoe UI, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Roboto, Oxygen, Ubuntu, Cantarell, Fira Sans, Droid Sans, sans-serif]I have posted the same question in another forum [/FONT]https://forum.wordreference.com/thr...e-late-response-as-i-took-a-few-days.3760876/[FONT=Verdana, Segoe UI, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Roboto, Oxygen, Ubuntu, Cantarell, Fira Sans, Droid Sans, sans-serif], but they are not allowed to proofread or suggest corrections so I posted this question here.[/FONT]

I am trying to email back to my professor. I am trying to say sorry for [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] getting back to him late and explain the reason for emailing him back late.

"I apologize for the late response, as I took a few days to gather my thoughts before writing the summary and the main points for the recommendation.

Does that make sense?
Does that sound formal and polite?
Is there a better way to write it?
[FONT=Verdana, Segoe UI, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Roboto, Oxygen, Ubuntu, Cantarell, Fira Sans, Droid Sans, sans-serif][STRIKE]Thanks[/STRIKE].[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Segoe UI, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Roboto, Oxygen, Ubuntu, Cantarell, Fira Sans, Droid Sans, sans-serif]I have posted the same question in another forum [/FONT]https://forum.wordreference.com/thr...e-late-response-as-i-took-a-few-days.3760876/[FONT=Verdana, Segoe UI, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Roboto, Oxygen, Ubuntu, Cantarell, Fira Sans, Droid Sans, sans-serif], but they are not allowed to proofread or suggest corrections so I posted this question here.[/FONT]

It's OK.

I believe the British spelling is "apologise". You should use that if you're using British English.

You can choose either "apologize" or "apologise", depending on whether you're concentrating on AmE or BrE. The word you can't use is "apologies" - that's a plural noun, not a verb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back