I can see few hills some distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What has it to do with "in the distance" and "some distance from someone"? Is it correct now? But it sounds strange to me.
That's one way to phrase such a question. We don't use that construction much, at least in American English. It's more common to use the helping verb do and ask "What does it have to do with 'in the distance'...."

That's one way to phrase such a question. We don't use that construction much, at least in American English. It's more common to use the helping verb do and ask "What does it have to do with 'in the distance'...."

But you didn't tell me about "some distance from someone" and "in the distance". Could you please explain these two phrases? Although I am not that confused about "in the distance" but I do not know whether it can only be used for the things that are far away from you or for the things that are few meters away from you as well? "He is standing some distance from me".

In the distance is far away. Some distance is not near, but not as far away for me.

In the distance is far away. Some distance is not near, but not as far away for me.

Thank you for the reply but I have a question. "There is another hill some distance from that hill" so why this sentence was correct but "there are a few hills some distance from me" was incorrect?

Can we say "he is standing some distance from me"?

I am confused about the usage. I tried finding on the internet but couldn't find anything related to "some distance from someone".

Your original said few hills, not a few hills.

"There is another hill some distance from that hill" so why this sentence was correct but "there are a few hills some distance from me" was incorrect?
Please review the right way to form a question. Follow this simple rule: a wh- question word must always be followed by a verb when you're asking a question.

Please review the right way to form a question. Follow this simple rule: a wh- question word must always be followed by a verb when you're asking a question.

There is another hill some distance from that hill" so why was this sentence correct but "there are a few hills some distance from me" was incorrect?

Your original said few hills, not a few hills.

So was that incorrect because I didn't write "a few hills"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back