Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
My friend Carol is in the US now. Today I sent her a message which goes like:

I miss you so much; the days we spent together. Those wonderful memories will never fade. I hope to see you in Chongqing again and am looking forward to learning English from you.

Carol is a native speaker of English. She helped me with my English when before going back to the US. She was also a host of our English club. I miss those days with her. Would you please help me with the italic sentences?

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I miss you [STRIKE]so much[/STRIKE] and the days we spent together very much. Those wonderful memories will never fade. I hope to see you in Chongqing again and am looking forward to learning English from you.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Carol is a native speaker of English. She helped me with my English [STRIKE]when[/STRIKE] before going back to the US.
The first line sounds romantic? Is that what you want to convey?

Silverobama

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
The first line sounds romantic? Is that what you want to convey?

Definitely not. I want to convey the meaning that I respect her and also miss her. She's around 80.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Then say something like:
I miss you so much, and I miss the days with you at the/our English club.[STRIKE]we spent together.[/STRIKE]

Silverobama

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Then say something like:

I appreciate your kind and patience, teechar. How about the rest of the sentences. Are they okay?

Those wonderful memories will never fade. I hope to see you in Chongqing again and am looking forward to learning English from you.

If the above italic sentences are okay. Will it better to add "again" at the end of the sentence? I want to add it.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
My friend Carol is in the US now. Today, I sent her [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] the following message: [STRIKE]which goes like:[/STRIKE]

I miss you so much; the days we spent together. Those wonderful memories will never fade. I hope to [STRIKE]see you in[/STRIKE] learn English with you again if you come back to Chongqing. [STRIKE]again and am looking forward to learning English from you.[/STRIKE]

Carol is a native speaker of English. She helped me with my English [STRIKE]when[/STRIKE] before going back to the US. She was also a host of our English club. I miss those days with her. Would you please help me with the italic sentences?

See above.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq

Silverobama

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Is she planning to come to Chongqing again? If not, you can't be looking forward to learning English from her.

I appreciate your help, Piscean. Answer to your question: yes, she lived in my city for eight years.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Answer to your question: yes, she lived in my city for eight years.

That doesn't necessarily mean she'll come back. The simple answer to Piscean's question is "Yes", and you can only say that if you know that she definitely plans to return to Chongqing.

Status
Not open for further replies.