I think there would still be....(43 words)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverobama

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
The following conversation was between Steven and me. Steven posted a video about a man who jumped into the river from a bridge to commit suicide in Chongqing.

Steven: Sydney's Harbour Bridge has a very high fence and it is simply impossible to commit suicide there. I think Chongqing should do the same for the bridges. Too many suicides on the bridges.
Silver: Good idea. But I think there would still be people committing suicide if the bridges are fenced off. Once someone has made up their mind, nothing can stop them. Also, there are always more than one option for people who want to die.

Are the italic sentences natural?

Yes, but I would reword the last sentence:

Besides, there are other ways for people to commit suicide.

The following conversation was between Steven and me. Steven posted a video about a man who committed suicide by jumping into the river from a bridge in Chongqing. to commit suicide in Chongqing.

Steven: Sydney's Sydney Harbour Bridge has a very high fence on each side and it is simply impossible to commit suicide there. I think Chongqing should do the same for to the its bridges. There are too many suicides on the bridges.
Silver: Good idea, but I think there would still be people would still committing suicide even if the bridges are fenced off. Once someone has made up their mind, nothing can stop them. Also, there are there's always more than one option for people who want to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back