[General] I would like to bring to your notice about Mr XYZ, is correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rexis

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
I would like to bring to your notice about Mr XYZ, is correct?
Would be grateful if you help in this question.
thanks!

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Is "I would like to bring to your notice about Mr XYZ" [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] correct?

I would be grateful if you would/could help [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] with this question.
Thanks!

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Please note my corrections to your post above.

Your sentence does not work, unfortunately. You need to add more information - what is it about Mr XYZ that you need to tell the recipient about? However, if you just want to tell the recipient that Mr XYZ exists, you can say "I would like to bring Mr XYZ to your notice/attention".

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Rexis, you already clicked 'Thank' so there was no need to write a Thank you post.

Also. you didn't need to quote ems's reply. We didn't need to read it all again.:cool:

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Re: I would like to bring to your notice about Mr XYZ, is correct? Would be grateful

It's not correct. What do you want to bring to someone's notice? Do you want to tell them about Mr. XYZ?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Re: I would like to bring to your notice about Mr XYZ, is correct? Would be grateful

Rexis, please don't post the same question twice. I have merged your identical threads.

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Try:

I would like to bring something to your attention about Mr. XYZ.

I would like to bring something about Mr. XYZ to your attention.

There is something about Mr. XYZ that I would like to bring to your attention.

I would like to notify you about something concerning Mr. XYZ.

Rexis

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India

It's not correct. What do you want to bring to someone's notice? Do you want to tell them about Mr. XYZ?

Yes

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

If you just want to tell them that Mr XYZ exists, say "I would like to bring Mr XYZ to your notice/attention". Be ready for the answer to be "Why?"

Rexis

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
I have written in the email:
Hi Admin,
I would like to bring to your notice about Mr Kunal from the dispatch department. It has been observed that he commits mistakes on a continuous basis.

Is this correct?

Rexis

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India

Hi emsr2d2,
Thanks for helping me. Can I have your number or email or can you add me here so that I can ask you for the help and you can help in grammar and contexts at the right time when I need? sorry if I am sounding demanding types :)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
You already asked "Is "I would like to bring to your notice about Mr XYZ" correct?" in post 1. It has been answered at least twice already. Why do you think it would suddenly be correct in post #9?

Rexis

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
I am new candidate in this portal. I had no idea I am posting it time and again. Pardon me please.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

Hi emsr2d2,
Thanks for helping me. Can I have your number or email or can you add me here so that I can ask you for [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] help and you can help [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] with grammar and contexts [STRIKE]at the right time[/STRIKE] when I need it? Sorry if I [STRIKE]am sounding[/STRIKE] sound demanding. [STRIKE]types :)[/STRIKE]

No, you cannot. That is not how the forum works. You post questions publicly. We answer them publicly. If you want a private English teacher, I'm sure you can find one locally though of course you will have to pay!

Rexis

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India

Ok

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

Note that you can write "OK" or "okay" (or "Okay" at the start of a sentence) but you cannot write "Ok". Remember to end every sentence with one appropriate punctuation mark.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

Try:

Admin, I would like to bring to your notice Mr. Kunal in the dispatch department. He makes mistakes on a regular basis.

:)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

I have written in the email:
Hi Admin,
I would like to bring to your notice about Mr Kunal from the dispatch department. It has been observed that he commits mistakes on a continuous basis.

Is this correct?

You have now posted this four times. We answered it the first time. I am bored with deleting the duplicate posts. I am closing this thread. From now on, post ONCE and wait at least a couple of hours, by which time you will probably have at least one response.

Status
Not open for further replies.