Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Telugu
Home Country
India
Current Location
United States
Using a computer every day can have more negative than positive effects on your children.

Do you agree or disagree?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
You should write at least 250 words.

Essay starts here

Computers have become an essential part of our daily life. Children have access to these systems from an early part of their life to do home works and projects. After all, it has now become an important subject in the school's syllabus. Children can immensely benefit from using them if they are monitored by their parents.

Nowadays, Children are assigned most of their home-works and projects which require a computer to complete them. They are introduced to systems when they are very young. Working on a computer from an early age will inhibit a prominent skill which can later be helpful in their career. In my life, I was encouraged to learn about the computer when I was in fifth grade. By the time I have completed my high school, I was able to operate a myriad of applications which currently is a huge advantage for me at work. Hence learning about these devices which we use every day can extremely benefit children in many ways.

However, overusing a computer can exacerbate physical health. There are numerous central nervous system failure cases that are registered throughout the world mainly due to using a computer or a laptop for a long period of time. Children are the ones who are affected most with this problem, which is not surprising since they are ones who have a lot of curiosity and are very much attracted to these systems. If they are not monitored on how much time they are spending this could be uncontrolled. Hence Parental guidance plays a crucial role who can turn this adverse effects into a lifetime useful experience.

A computer can create both negative and positive experience for children. In my opinion, If Parents take control of their children usage of it, they could avoid consequences that it may have on their kids and turn it around into a vital skill they learn at a very young age.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yankee

Banned
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Status