"I'm saying something I don't like to say." "I'm saying something I don't like to."

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahsanul.irfan

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Bangladesh
"I'm saying something I don't like to say." "I'm saying something I don't like to."

I'm saying saying I don't like to say.
I'm saying something I don't like to.
I'm saying something I don't like.

Are the second and third versions said?

And what about this sentence "It seems like you are trying to make me say something I don't like to." Is it correct?

Re: "I'm saying something I don't like to say." "I'm saying something I don't like to

Number two and three are correct but mean different things. Can you figure out the difference?

Re: "I'm saying something I don't like to say." "I'm saying something I don't like to

And what about this sentence "It seems like you are trying to make me say something I don't like to." Is it correct?

"Something I don't want to" would be more natural in my opinion, but your version is possible.

One question per post please. In future I will ignore any post with more than one question.

Ahsanul_irful: I'm saying something I don't like.
Tarheel: Really? What are you saying, and why do you dislike it?

And what about this sentence?

"It seems like you are trying to make me say something I don't like to."

What does it mean?

I'm saying saying I don't like to say.

I have no idea what that is supposed to mean.

I'm fairly sure the OP intended:

I'm saying something I don't like to say.

(If I saw that in context I might understand it better, however I don't think there is any context.)

Last edited:

1) I'm saying saying I don't like to say.
2) I'm saying something I don't like to.
3) I'm saying something I don't like.

Are the second and third versions said?

No. Use number 1).

No. End the sentence by repeating the verb say.

No. Use number 1).

Are you sure? Number 1 says "I'm saying saying I don't like to say".

Are you sure? Number 1 says "I'm saying saying I don't like to say".

Oh, yes, I didn't spot that. That's an error. The second saying was meant to be something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back