Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Bangladesh
This is what I've learned online:
- In mind is used when asking about preference/suggestion- Lets go on vacation after the lock-down ends. Sure, which country do you have in mind?
- On mind is used to talk about worry or preoccupation- I can't think straight, I have a lot on my mind right right now.

Please let me know if I got it right.

But you need a possessive pronoun or proper noun between on and mind.

In most, if not all, European cultures a "thumbs up" is a sign of approval.

According to this site, the thumbs up is highly offensive in Bangladesh. Sorry, Ashraful Haque. Obviously, no offence was intended and you now know what it means in the majority of European cultures.

According to this site, the thumbs up is highly offensive in Bangladesh. Sorry, Ashraful Haque. Obviously, no offence was intended and you now know what it means in the majority of European cultures.
I try very hard to avoid making hand gestures when traveling abroad. They sometimes have utterly contradictory meanings in different places.

Yes sometimes people do use the thumbs up when they are angry for example when saying things like 'you're a piece of nothing/you're worthless' etc. But I'm a well traveled person and I love travelling, so I know what it means here. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back