In the process of learning a foreign language, you are led to discover the history and culture

Status
Not open for further replies.

cligat

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
France
Current Location
France
"In the process of learning a foreign language, you are led to discover the history and culture that are reflected in that language. This Russian-Korean-English picture dictionary has been carefully conceived to help learners acquire the essential vocabulary of modern French language. We hope that this book comes in handy.
We would like to acknowledge with gratitude, the support and contribution of all X staff. This book would not have been possible without them. "

Please help me check possible mistakes and modify some of the sentences that may not sound "English"

cligat

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
France
Current Location
France
O
See above.

Consider omitting that sentence or changing it. "Come in handy" is a casual/informal expression, and this is not how it Thank you! Can i say
See above.

Consider omitting that sentence or changing it. "Come in handy" is a casual/informal expression, and this is not how it is used.
Thank you! What i wanted to say is " We hope that this book will help you improve your French." Is there another way to express this idea?

Barque

Banned
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
Singapore
What i wanted to say is " We hope that this book will help you improve your French." Is there another way to express this idea?
We [hope]/[are sure that] you will find it useful.
In the process of learning a foreign language, you are led to discover the history and culture that are reflected in that language.
In the process of learning a foreign language, you are led to discover the history and culture that are reflected in it. that language.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
How can the book help learners with French when it is about three other languages?

How about this?

In the process of learning a foreign language, you are led to discover its history and culture.

Barque

Banned
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
Singapore
I assumed the OP meant it provides meanings of French words in each of those three languages.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
@cligat: Note also that I have merged your threads. In future, please DO NOT post the same question to more than one thread!

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Who are you teaching French to? How do plan to teach French using Russian, Korean and English?

Status
Not open for further replies.