English Teacher
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Hello,

I have been trying to find a proper name for a trip organised by school for students at the beginning of a school year to intergate students in a given class, I mean to let them feel better with each other. They go somewhere - to the mountains for 2 days, they can take part in workshops the aim of which is form a group out of the new students
I found integration trip but it seems to be made up by Polish users of English and those from India as the expression appears mostly on such web pages.
Intergity week is a week organised to make students aware what honesty in school mean, that is what I managed to find.
Is there a proper EN expression for a trip I described? Maybe in EN speaking countreis such trips are not organised so it would be just fine to call it a school trip?
Thank you for clarifying that!

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Team-building trip?

SoothingDave

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Many colleges do a "freshman orientation" to get the students used to each other.

And note that the word is "integrate."

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello,

I have been trying to find [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] the proper name for a trip organised by a school for students at the beginning of a school year to integrate students in [STRIKE]a given[/STRIKE] the same class, [STRIKE]I mean[/STRIKE] to [STRIKE]let[/STRIKE] help them feel [STRIKE]better[/STRIKE] more at ease with each other. They go somewhere, for example to the mountains for 2 days, and they can take part in workshops, the aim of which is to form a group out of the new students.
I found "integration trip" but it seems to be made up by Polish users of English and those from India as the expression appears mostly on such web pages.
"Integrity week" is a week organised to make students aware what honesty in school means, that is what I managed to find.
Is there a proper [STRIKE]EN[/STRIKE] English expression for [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] the trip I described? Maybe in [STRIKE]EN[/STRIKE] English-speaking countries such trips are not organised so [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] would it be [STRIKE]just[/STRIKE] fine to call it a school trip?
Thank you for clarifying that!

Please see my amendments to your post. Note that "integrate" and "integration" are connected, but "integrity" is not.

Pacarotka

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Thank you very much for answering my question and correcting the errors in my post.

Status
Not open for further replies.