Interested in Language
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Dear ESL teachers,

My team and I are working on the idea of a platform for ESL teachers to improve a process of preparation and conduction of online lessons, automation of routine tasks, and making teachers happier :geek:.

We would appreciate if you support our group of enthusiasts by answering these questions:
  • Which aspects of organizing your work, teaching and preparation for lessons are the least exciting, time-consuming and annoying? What would you delegate to an imaginary free fairy-assistant straight away?
    How do you solve these issues right know? What workaround do you use?
Let me know by answering in the thread. Zoom interview is also an option.

As a compliment to all respondents: we will share a list of online ESL-related tools and future free access to our platform 🤞.

Thank you and best wishes 💚,
Nathalie

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
By "least exciting" do you mean "boring"?

smnathalie

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
By "least exciting" do you mean "boring"?
it is intentionally free for interpretation ;) Boring is another way to describe it.
What is your take on either less exciting or boring activities?

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
How will it be different from existing platforms?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Dear ESL teachers,

My team and I are working on the idea of a platform for ESL teachers, to improve a the process of preparation and conduction of preparing and conducting online lessons, automation of automating routine tasks, and making teachers happier. :geek:.

We would appreciate if you would support our group of enthusiasts by answering these questions:
  • Which aspects of organizing your work, teaching and preparation for lessons are the least exciting, time-consuming and annoying? What would you delegate to an imaginary free fairy-assistant straight away?
    How do you solve these issues right know now? What workaround do you use?
Please let me know by answering in the this thread. A Zoom interview is also an option.

As a compliment thank you to all respondents, we will share a list of online ESL-related tools and future free future access to our platform. 🤞

Thank you and best wishes. 💚
Nathalie

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
it is intentionally free for interpretation ;) Boring is another way to describe it.
What is your take on either less exciting or boring activities?
I'm not sure I understand the question. However, my "take" on boring activities is that they are boring.

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
@smnathalie: All the teachers on our site are volunteers, in other words unpaid. If we found the work boring we wouldn't do it. For myself, I do it simply to help others, because I believe that a good knowledge of English is one of the most useful things an ambitious youngster can do to get ahead in life. I suspect the motivations of many colleagues here are similar. In case you are unaware of it, in addition to this forum UE has a large collection of free resources for both students and teachers.

Nevertheless I wish you success in your new venture.

Reactions: 5jj

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
@smnathalie - I note that you reported my post #5, stating that it was "passive aggression, not adding actionable input to the discussion". I can assure you that I was not being aggressive, passively or otherwise. I always correct errors in other people's posts. Many learners of English read all sections of the forum and we try to make sure that they see only correct(ed) English. If you're going to set up a platform for ESL teachers, you need to make sure that the English you use (especially as a non-native speaker yourself) is impeccable.

Status
Not open for further replies.