it had been six months since this claim was filed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
This claim denied because it had been six months since this claim was filed.

Is it correct " it had been six months since this claim was filed" or "
it had been six months since this claim had been filed"?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
This claim was denied because it had been six months since this the claim was filed.

Is it correct Are the following correct?

1. I
t had been six months since this claim was filed. " or "
2. It had been six months since this claim had been filed.
Are you asking about them as standalone sentences (that's the basis on which I capitalised the first word of each one), or are you asking which should be used at the end of your main sentence?

Neither is natural.

The claim was denied because it was filed six months ago. (I don't think this is what you mean but I gave it a try anyway.)
The claim was denied because it was filed [more than] six months after the [medical procedure or whatever it is you're talking about].

We need more context. What was the deadline for the claim to be filed? When was it actually filed? Was it filed too late?

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
The claim was denied because it was filed late, after the six-month period allowed.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
The claim was denied because it was filed after the six-month deadline.

A lot of your posts are about insurance claims, and many are about timeframes. You definitely need to learn and use the word "deadline".

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Are you asking about them as standalone sentences (that's the basis on which I capitalised the first word of each one), or are you asking which should be used at the end of your main sentence?

Neither is natural.

The claim was denied because it was filed six months ago. (I don't think this is what you mean but I gave it a try anyway.)
The claim was denied because it was filed [more than] six months after the [medical procedure or whatever it is you're talking about].

We need more context. What was the deadline for the claim to be filed? When was it actually filed? Was it filed too late?
I would like to know what needs to be used after since "filed" or "had filed"? I know these are not natural but I was talking about the grammar.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
The claim was denied because it had been six months since the claim was filed.
I assume that you mean that it was after the filing deadline that the claim was filed.

Status
Not open for further replies.