Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
"as computer technology and its associated computational method advance, the use of 3-d computational fluid dynamics to designe and analyse positive displacement machinery working process can be split into four phases."

Would you please the explain the part "its associated computational method"? I cannot understand the use of "associated" there.

www.springer.com/cda/content/docume...5-304902-p173666507+&cd=1&hl=tr&ct=clnk&gl=tr

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
"​As computer technology and its associated computational method​s advance, the use of 3-​D computational fluid dynamics to ​design and analyse positive displacement machinery working process​es can be split into four phases."

Would you please the explain the part "its associated computational method"? I cannot understand the use of "associated" there.

www.springer.com/cda/content/document/cda_downloaddocument/9783540363026-c2.pdf%3FSGWID%3D0-0-45-304902-p173666507+&cd=1&hl=tr&ct=clnk&gl=tr

It should make sense to you. Have you looked it up yet? What did you find?

Tdol

Editor, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Computers use certain methods to calculate things. Different systems may use different methods.

hhtt21

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
It should make sense to you. Have you looked it up yet? What did you find?

I think associated methods here means the methods depending on computer technology. So what do you natives think, do you agree with me?

Tdol

Editor, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
That is how I understood it.