Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bosnian
Home Country
Bosnia Herzegovina
Current Location
Sweden
Would you please correct my text, which I wrote as an exercise.

While the 20th century was marked by world wars, concentration camps, the use of atomic bomb and the immense suffering of hundreds of millions, the beginning of the 21th century characterises the conflict between liberalism and populism. Unlike in the previous conflicts, the supporters of these two political philosophies do not carry weapons and do not shoot at each other. Their battlefields are the media and the internet where the "brave" warriors peddle their ideas and go to any lengths to achieve their goals. They use all tricks of propaganda and persuasion and have no compunction about lying to naive masses and using their fears and worries to gain their support.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Would you please correct my text, which I wrote as an exercise.

While the 20th century was marked by world wars, concentration camps, the use of the atomic bomb and the immense suffering of hundreds of millions, the beginning of the [STRIKE]21th[/STRIKE] 21st century characterises the conflict between liberalism and populism. Unlike in the previous conflicts, the supporters of these two political philosophies do not carry weapons and do not shoot at each other. Their battlefields are the media and the internet where the "brave" warriors peddle their ideas and go to any lengths to achieve their goals. They use [STRIKE]all[/STRIKE] various tricks of propaganda and persuasion and have no compunction about lying to the naive masses, [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] using their fears and worries to gain their support.

See above.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
In the last sentence, consider "playing on their fears" or "exploiting their fears". Also, the last "and" is not wrong. You can include it or omit it, but the meaning would be slightly different.

Status
Not open for further replies.