Liquids that did not undergo solidification were dropped to the concrete floor—while

Status
Not open for further replies.

middleage S

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Liquids that did not undergo solidification were dropped to the concrete floor—while being bottled—at a height of 1.5 mand checked for solidification.

I want to add the information that the liquids were bottled, but I don't know the appropriate place to insert it.

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Liquids that did not solidify [or: liquids that were not solidified] were dropped to the concrete floor—while being bottled—at a height of 1.5 meters and checked for solidification.

I want to add the information that the liquids were bottled, but I don't know the appropriate place to insert it.
The sentence doesn't make sense. Either the liquids were bottled or they dropped to the floor. They couldn't do both. And they certainly couldn't drop to the floor while being bottled.

The idea of liquids that did not solidify also needs to be rephrased, because liquids are, by definition, not solids. Better: Water that did not solidify or milk that did not solidify or chemicals that did not solidify.

Did you write it? If you did, tell us more about what you're trying to say.

And if you didn't, who did?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.