Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
"Today I turned on the TV and saw that an Olympics match was still on it was a live broadcasting. It was between France and Brasil but I was surprised because there is a fifteen and a half hour differnce between India and Brasil timing. It was a late night match."

Please check.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
"Today I turned on the TV and saw that an Olympics match was still on. It was a live broadcast. [STRIKE]ing.[/STRIKE] It was between France and Brazil. [STRIKE]but[/STRIKE] I was surprised because there is a fifteen and a half hour time difference between India and Brazil. [STRIKE]timing[/STRIKE] It was a late night match."

Please check.

It's rather wordy although I've left your construction and just amended the grammar. You definitely need to say what sport they were playing! Here's what I would say (I have guessed at the sport):

I turned on the TV and found that they were showing the India vs Brazil handball match live. I was a little surprised that it was live due to the time difference between India and Brazil but it must have been a late night match.

Status
Not open for further replies.