Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
1. Why do some people find it hard to make decisions?

It is because people sometimes are not sure about whether their decisions are correct. They have limit budget and time and they can't afford to waste them. Also, wrong decisions could lead to irreversible situations. For example, people may be worried that their decision could hurt somebody's feeling and make them lose a friend or relative.

2. How important is it to get advice from other people when making decisions?

It's important because many people have similar experience, and their advice can help us achieve our goals more quickly and prevent us from going to wrong directions or being cheated. And sometimes, even if advice doesn't directly benefit us but it can stimulate our ideas or creativity.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Do you have a question for us?

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
I randomly chose some Ielts speaking topics to practise English.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Do those people who have a hard time making decisions lack confidence in themselves? Are they afraid they will make the wrong decision, and that makes them hesitate?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I randomly chose some [STRIKE]Ielts[/STRIKE] IELTS speaking topics to practise English.

That's fine but you still haven't asked us a question. Perhaps you meant to open your post with something like this:

"I have chosen a couple of IELTS practice speaking topics and written a paragraph about each one. Please check them and correct any mistakes."

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
Do those people who have a hard time making decisions lack confidence in themselves? Are they afraid they will make the wrong decision, and that makes them hesitate?

Are these follow-up questions?:shock: I actually don't know why it is hard for people to make decisions. Maybe they lacks confidence. All are my guesses.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Are these follow-up questions?:shock: I actually don't know why it is hard for people to make decisions. Maybe they lack[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE] confidence. All are my guesses.

No, they are not follow-up questions. (There would have had to be some beforehand.) I was just trying to stimulate your thinking.
:)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
1. Why do some people find it hard to make decisions?

It is because sometimes people [STRIKE]sometimes[/STRIKE] are not sure [STRIKE]about[/STRIKE] whether their decisions are correct. They have limits on their budgets and time and they can't afford to waste them. Also, wrong decisions could lead to irreversible situations. For example, people may be worried that their decision could hurt somebody's feelings and [STRIKE]make[/STRIKE] cause [STRIKE]them lose[/STRIKE] the loss of a friendship. [STRIKE]or relative.[/STRIKE] (You can't lose a relative by hurting their feelings. They're still your relative!)

2. How important is it to get advice from other people when making decisions?

It's important because many people have similar experiences. [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] Their advice can help us achieve our goals more quickly and prevent us from going [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] in the wrong [STRIKE]directions[/STRIKE] direction or being cheated. And sometimes, even if the advice doesn't directly benefit us, [STRIKE]but[/STRIKE] it can stimulate our ideas or creativity.

See above.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
You said it, Maybo! I was trying to stimulate your thinking. (My version.)

You didn't specifically ask me for advice, but the principle is the same.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.