Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Do we use 'make-up session' for a situation that a teacher misses a class and he/she wants to hold an extra class to compensate for that?

A make up session is for a student who misses a class. If it's a teacher who didn't show up for class then unless there was a substitute the class wasn't missed. It wasn't held at all.

A make up session is for a student who misses a class. If it's a teacher who didn't show up for class then unless there was a substitute the class wasn't missed. It wasn't held at all
A make up session is for a student who misses a class. If it's a teacher who didn't show up for class then unless there was a substitute the class wasn't missed. It wasn't held at all.
I have started my classes with the delay due to to the students' late enrollment. I need some extra sessions to cover the whole book. So should I say to my students e.g. we'll have a substitute class on Monday?

@tulipflower I guess "make up class" would work in this case. You are making up for classes that weren't held. (Did I change my mind? 😊)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back