Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
Malaysia
Hi, I intend to take maternity leave in couple of months. So, I have composed a professional mail to inform my manger, can you please check is the grammatically correct and understandable?

Dear XXX

This mail is to inform you that I am pregnant and I will be taking the maternity leave in couple of months. My due date is 6[SUP]th[/SUP] Dec 2020 and I plan to continue working until 4[SUP]th[/SUP] Dec 2020 from home until my due date or delivery. I plan to take 2 months of maternity leave and anticipate returning back to work mid-February. I will complete all of my high-priority tasks before I am on leave. If anything changes I'll be sure to inform you as pregnancies can be unpredictable.

As of now, our department is in charge with two person which is ABC and me. While I'm on leave I suggest to hire a temp staff to be in charge of my task since ABC has her own job order to complete daily with a tight schedule every day/month. We are already not enough man power for our department. And during my maternity leave , I really expect there will be someone to help ABC and take over my job scope for two months. Eventho, we have number of freelancers but we still need another hand and to key in the job order into the system, because inserting in to the system itself a huge task due to the current volume. I have compile my daily task in the attached excel sheet, kindly take a look and please talk to (Boss) as soon as possible as we left another 2months only. Looking forward to some favorable news from you soon. Thank you.

Regards,
XXX

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi, I intend to take maternity leave in a couple of months no full stop here so no comma here I have composed an [STRIKE]professional[/STRIKE] email to inform my manager. Can you please check and tell me if it is [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] grammatically correct and understandable?

Dear XXX

This [STRIKE]mail[/STRIKE] is to inform you that [STRIKE]I am pregnant and[/STRIKE] I will be taking [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] maternity leave in couple of months. My due date is 6[SUP]th[/SUP] Dec 2020 and I plan to continue working from home until 4[SUP]th[/SUP] Dec 2020. [STRIKE]from home until my due date or delivery.[/STRIKE] I plan to take two months of maternity leave and anticipate returning [STRIKE]back[/STRIKE] to work mid-February. I will complete all of my high-priority tasks before I [STRIKE]am[/STRIKE] go on leave. If anything changes, [STRIKE]I'll be sure to[/STRIKE] I will inform you. [STRIKE]as pregnancies can be unpredictable. [/STRIKE]

[STRIKE]As of now[/STRIKE] At the moment, our department is [STRIKE]in charge with[/STRIKE] led by two [STRIKE]person[/STRIKE] people [STRIKE]which is[/STRIKE] - ABC and me. While I'm on leave, I would like to suggest [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] that you hire a temporary member of staff to [STRIKE]be in charge of[/STRIKE] take over my [STRIKE]task[/STRIKE] role [STRIKE]since[/STRIKE] because ABC has her own [STRIKE]job order to complete[/STRIKE] daily responsibilities and is [STRIKE]with[/STRIKE] on a tight schedule every day/month.

We are already [STRIKE]not enough man power[/STRIKE] shortstaffed [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] in our department. [STRIKE]And[/STRIKE] During my maternity leave, I really [STRIKE]expect[/STRIKE] hope there will be someone to help ABC and take over my [STRIKE]job scope[/STRIKE] role for two months. [STRIKE]Eventho,[/STRIKE] Even though we have a number of freelancers, [STRIKE]but[/STRIKE] we still need [STRIKE]another hand and[/STRIKE] someone to key [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] the job orders into the system; [STRIKE]because[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]inserting[/STRIKE] putting them into the system [STRIKE]itself[/STRIKE] is a huge task due to the current volume. I have [STRIKE]compiled[/STRIKE] listed my daily tasks in the attached Excel spreadsheet. Kindly take a look and please talk to (name of my boss) as soon as possible as [STRIKE]we[/STRIKE] there are only two months left. [STRIKE]another 2months only.[/STRIKE]

[STRIKE]Looking[/STRIKE] I look forward to [STRIKE]some[/STRIKE] a favorable [STRIKE]news[/STRIKE] response from you soon.

Thank you.

Regards,
XXX

Please note my corrections above. In all honesty, I think it's much too long. I imagine your manager (who is presumably different from your boss) is very busy. I would shorten it a lot. How about this?

Dear [XXX]

This is to inform you that I intend to start my two-month maternity leave on 4th December 2020, and I will continue to work from home until then. I envisage returning to work in mid-February.

Attached is an Excel spreadsheet detailing my daily tasks, so that a temporary employee (maternity cover) can easily take over my tasks. I am sure that [YYY] will appreciate the assistance as our department is very busy.

Regards

[Your name]

(I have assumed that your manager already knows that you are pregnant. If not, you could open with "This is to inform you that I am currently pregnant, with a due date of 6th December 2020.")

Status
Not open for further replies.