Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
I have sent a CV to one of my contact in human resource department and he replied "Let of Check", I have not heard this phrase before. Can somebody please tell me the meaning of this phrase?

I have sent a CV to one of my contact in human resource department and he replied "Let of Check", I have not heard this phrase before. Can somebody please tell me the meaning of this phrase?

Do you have any context? It makes no sense on its own. If it's referring to a check from which you will be excused ('let off'), it may be a typo.

b

"Lot of cheek" would be a very unprofessional thing for someone in Human Resources to send!

Is it possible that "Let" is an abbreviation of "Letter"? Maybe they're asking for some kind of verification letter ("Letter of Check" although that's not good English)?

Perhaps if you sent us the contents of the whole email (if it's not confidential) we might be able to work something out. If that is his entire reply then I really have no other suggestions. If you know him fairly well, I would email him back and ask him what he meant!

If you know him fairly well, I would email him back and ask him what he meant!

I heartily concur.

Please let us know what he says - I'm rather curious to know too.

Rover

Are you sure he didn't say, "Let's check"?

If you asked a question about something that needed to be verified, then that response would be appropriate.

If he replied on his mobile phone, he might have intended to write 'me', not 'of'. Predictive text is a pain sometimes.

Good idea. Even if it was an email it might have at the bottom 'Sent from my <device-name>' - that could give you a clue..

b

PS Off-topic, re predictive text. Because my choir is the Wokingham Choral Society I have taught my mobile to recognize 'WCS'. The trouble is, it gets chosen before 'was' - which can make my texts quite hard to decipher. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back