"My brother developed asthma at the age of 7 as a result of being exposed to fumes from the exhaust pipes of cars..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Igbo
Home Country
Nigeria
Current Location
Nigeria
"My brother developed asthma at the age of 7 as a result of being exposed to fumes from the exhaust pipes of cars."

"There are a lot of people who experienced the same or similar issues as my brother did."

"Clearly, the longer we delay the plan to search for fossil fuel alternatives, the more people will develop diseases that affect their respiratory tract, possibly leading to them dying at an early age."

1) Is my use of "from" grammatical?

2)In the 2nd sentence, is "...as my brother did" grammatically correct, or should it be just "...as my brother"?

3) While writing the 3rd sentence, I was confused about whether to use "their respiratory tract" or "their respiratory tracts" and also about whether to use "early age" or "early ages". Should it have been "...leading to them dying at early ages" ?

4) Is the 3rd sentence understandable and okay? I feel I could have used a more accurate word in place of 'more' (I am talking about this part -- "...the more people will...)

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
1. Yes. (seven)
2. Yes, but you can omit "did" there.
3. their respiratory tracts
at an early age
4. I would delete "Clearly" there. (It suggests that people who disagree with you are thick.) The rest is okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.