Teacher (Other)
Native Language
French
Home Country
France
Current Location
Europe
Hey everyone,

I'm creating a post to ask you for an expert help for my english work.

It would be a scene to introduce the characters : the son and the father.

The problem is that, I would love to make a contrast between a father who is expressing himself in a very elevated language and the son would first talk in a street language like "sup?" and stuff like that.

I thank you all for reading, and I hope you'll find a way to help me.

Btw, I do not ask you to make my work, I just want a lot of vocabulary in order to make a dialogue between them.

Alex

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hey everyone,

I'm creating a post to ask you for (delete an) expert help with my English work.

It's a scene to introduce the characters(no space): a son and a father.

The problem is that (delete The problem is that,) I would like to contrast a father who expresses himself in (delete a) very elevated language with a son who talks in (delete a) slang, like "sup?" and so on.

Pay attention to parallelism. In that sentence, the second part needs to conform to the first. See my corrections, and Google grammar parallelism.

By the way, I'm not asking you to do my work, I just want some vocabulary (delete in order) to make a dialogue between them.

Alex
Hi, Alex.

First, look for the clearest, plainest way to say things. Wordy sentences aren't natural.

Re slang: There's too much slang in the world to attempt to list it here. But you can Google British slang, American slang, African American slang, military slang, Cockney slang, Jamaican slang, surfer slang, or any other kind of slang you're interested in.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hey everyone,

I'm creating [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] this post to ask you for [STRIKE]an[/STRIKE] expert help [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] with my English work.

It would be a scene to introduce [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] two characters: [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] a son/boy/man and [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] his father.

The problem is that (no comma here) I would love to make a contrast between [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] the father, who is expressing himself in [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] very elevated language, and the son, who would [STRIKE]first talk in a[/STRIKE] use street language like "sup?" [STRIKE]and stuff like that.[/STRIKE]

[STRIKE]Btw[/STRIKE] By the way, I [STRIKE]do not ask[/STRIKE] am not asking you to [STRIKE]make[/STRIKE] do my work, I just want a lot of vocabulary in order to make a dialogue between them.

Alex

See my corrections above.

Is this content going to be used in your English classes?

(Cross-posted with Charlie)

Status
Not open for further replies.