Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
Canada
Please check my writing for any grammatical mistakes. Thanks

I don’t believe in New Year resolution. In fact, I believe, if we wish we can make a little change in our lives any time of the year. We should not stick to a particular day to make a change for anything in our lives. These days a New Year resolution is becoming an occasion just like other holidays. We are all about celebrating a day of something and forget all about it rest of the year. Actually, Willpower is the most important key to bringing a success in any situation; it does not require a special day to begin with. Why not make a wish now and start working on it as soon as possible?

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Please check my writing for any grammatical mistakes. Thanks.

I don’t believe in New Year resolutions. In fact, I believe (no comma here) that, if we wish, we can make a little change in our lives at any time of the year. We should not stick to a particular day to make a change [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] to anything in our lives. These days, a New Year resolution is becoming an occasion just like other holidays. We are all about celebrating [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] one day of something and forgetting all about it [for] the rest of the year. Actually, willpower is the most important key to [STRIKE]bringing a[/STRIKE] success in any situation; it does not require a special day to begin with. Why not make a wish now and start working on it as soon as possible?

See above.

I've corrected the errors but I have to say I disagree with the statement that "A New Year resolution is becoming an occasion like other holidays". New Year is an occasion and is celebrated as a holiday; making a resolution on January 1st is just something some people do. They might make a big deal out of it but that doesn't make it equal to a national holiday.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
The occasion of the new year is certainly a good time for a new year's resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.