Pains of the heart, suffering of the heart

Status
Not open for further replies.
You told me that my original post doesn’t make sense. That is why I'm giving you new sentences.
I asked you to explain what you meant. That would have been good practice for you. Instead, you abandoned your original sentence and just made up a new one. That's not really going to help you.

I asked you to explain what you meant. That would have been good practice for you. Instead, you abandoned your original sentence and just made up a new one. That's not really going to help you.
There are so many things that increase the suffering of the heart. That's why I asked you that question.

I'm still not clear what you mean by "the suffering of the heart". Are you talking about things that make you sad?

I'm still not clear what you mean by "the suffering of the heart". Are you talking about things that make you sad?
Yes.

So "Suffering of the heart" isn't correct to use.

Not to me, no. It sounds like someone who's got heart disease. Just use the perfectly good word "heartache".

Not to me, no. It sounds like someone who's got heart disease. Just use the perfectly good word "heartache".
Can't I use "emotional suffering"?

You can but it doesn't mean the same as "heartache".

How many different emotions can you think of? The word "emotional" can refer to any one of them.

How many different emotions can you think of? The word "emotional" can refer to any one of them.
Does "pains of the heart" sound like the physical pains of the heart? or does it also sound like "emotional pains"?

Is "emotional pains" used?

This is the last question. Answer me plz.

@ahsanul.irfan First, context is important. Context is always important. Context is always important.

It makes a difference who you are talking to and what you want.to say. For example, by using the word "pain" you might clearly mean emotional pain depending on the context. Maybe you mean to say you are too sensitive and that you let little things bother you too much.

Notice that I did not use "heart" at all (until now).

Having read several of your threads, may I suggest you use simple sentences? You need a high level of English fluency to write natural-sounding grammatical sentences using long words. You aren't there yet.

For instance, "I felt upset" is much better than "I went through emotional suffering".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back