Please conceal the power cables inside the wooden cladding where the display panels to be relocated to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAJSH

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Please conceal the power cables inside the wooden cladding where the display panels to be relocated to.

Is this sentence grammatically, correct?

Barque

Banned
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
Singapore
No. There are some words missing in the second clause. It's difficult for me to make a suggestion because I'm not sure what you mean by "where the display panels to be relocated to".

What are these display panels and what are you doing with them? In short, can you explain the context please?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
@MAJSH Please note that I have changed your thread title. A single word rarely suffices as a title. Also, the word you used - relocation - didn't even feature in the sentence you were asking us about!

MAJSH

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
No. There are some words missing in the second clause. It's difficult for me to make a suggestion because I'm not sure what you mean by "where the display panels to be relocated to".

What are these display panels and what are you doing with them? In short, can you explain the context please?
Thank you.

It is a LG LED monitor, which needs to be mounted on the wall, but there is no power supply. need to be provided. I have reworded the sentences as follows.

Please pull the power cables from the control room, through the wall to the living room, and then run it under carpet, and then run it the inside wall cladding to the location where the LED display panels to be relocated to.

flos

Member Type
Retired Academic
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
I am not a teacher.
The final "to" is not needed. The previous "to" is still in force.
Personally, I would use two sentences.
"Please pull the power cables from the control room, through the wall to the living room, and then run it under carpet. Then run it the inside wall cladding to where the LED display panels are to be relocated."
You might consider separating the sentences with a colon instead of a full stop. (... carpet: then ...)
[I do have a Diploma in Software Documentation, which has been accepted by employers as evidence of competence as a technical author.]

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Shouldn't there be a definite article before "carpet"?
I usually say "lay cables" instead "pull cables.

Status
Not open for further replies.