Please correct this

sanjfer

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2015
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Malayalam
Home Country
India
Current Location
Qatar
As a Housing Manager, I inspected the employees villa and found it is not clean- now I want to give a letter to them. Please find below and correct if any mistake.

Upon an inspection held at your villa premises yesterday i.e. 09/08/17, it has been found the villa is not clean and tidy both inside and outside. The kitchen floor is not cleaned properly, garbage is accumulated everywhere and cigarette butts are thrown on the floor. All of these things are health hazards. The most shocking thing is the A/Cs and lights are ON while nobody in the villa which is the main cause of high electricity consumption. Hence, the electricity bill amount for this month will be recovered from all the residents.

From now on, all residents are required to take measures to keep the living environment is a clean and hygienic at all time. A frequent inspection will be held without prior notice.

Thank you!
 

emsr2d2

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Jul 28, 2009
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
As a Housing Manager, I inspected the employees' villa and found it [strike]is[/strike] was not clean. Now I want to [STRIKE]give[/STRIKE] write/send a letter to them. Please find my attempt below and correct [STRIKE]if[/STRIKE] any mistakes.

[STRIKE]Upon an[/STRIKE] An inspection [STRIKE]held at[/STRIKE] of your villa [STRIKE]premises[/STRIKE] yesterday [STRIKE]i.e.[/STRIKE] (09/08/17) [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]has been[/STRIKE] found the villa [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] ​was not clean and tidy both inside and outside.

The kitchen floor [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] had not been cleaned properly, garbage [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] has accumulated everywhere and cigarette butts [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] had been thrown and left on the floor.

All of these things are health hazards.

The most shocking thing [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] was that the [STRIKE]A/Cs[/STRIKE] AC and lights [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] were left [STRIKE]ON[/STRIKE] on while nobody was in the villa, which is the main cause of high electricity consumption. Hence, payment for [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] this month's electricity bill [STRIKE]amount for this month[/STRIKE] will be recovered from all [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] residents.

From now on, all residents are required to take measures to keep the living environment [STRIKE]is a[/STRIKE] clean and hygienic at all times.

[STRIKE]A[/STRIKE] Frequent inspections will be held without [strike]prior[/strike] notice.

Thank you.

See my suggested changes above.

Whilst leaving lights and appliances on when no one is in is very bad for the environment, I would say that the presence of garbage everywhere and cigarette butts on the floor is much more shocking.
 
Top