Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
Hi,

If there are some pronunciations of names on a page - the title/heading should be "pronunciation" or "pronunciations"?

Are the names in a column?

***** NOT A TEACHER *****

Hello, Untaught:

I am NOT answering your question. (We non-teachers are forbidden to immediately "dive in" after an OP has been asked a question by one of the teachers here.)

I am replying only in order to ask that you remember to pronounce the word as "pronunciation." (Yes, as in "nun," the women who serve in various religions.)

I go bananas (crazy) when I constantly hear people (including native speakers!) pronounce it as "pronounciation."

To be fair, the OP spelled the word correctly 5 times.

And on that basis, there is no reason to think that the OP pronounces it incorrectly.

***** NOT A TEACHER *****

Dear Teachers:

As usual, your humble servant did not express himself correctly.

Most people DO spell "pronunciation" correctly. Yet many of them pronounce it incorrectly.

I only wanted to gently remind the OP NOT to make the same mistake. I was NOT implying that he actually does.

I promise to be more exact in the future.

Yes, ''names''. But what about it the list contains ''English words''?

If the names are in a column, I would head the column with the singular word.

Hi,

If there are some pronunciations of names on a page - the title/heading should be "pronunciation" or "pronunciations"?

I would use pronunciation there. It doesn't matter that there are plural words. I would use the plural for a word that is pronounced in different ways, but in the heading, I would probably not use the plural. Is the heading a single word or a phrase?

Pronunciation

A
B
C and other names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back