Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
United Arab Emirates
Current Location
United Arab Emirates
I rewrote paragraph number one and are paragraph one and two grammatical? The changes I made are in bold.

1-The Samba Boys did not get their nickname by accident and they appeared to be in fine spirits as they made their way onto the team bus for the game in Qatar.

2-The Samba Boys did not get their nickname by accident, appeared to be in fine spirits as they made their way onto the team bus for the game in Qatar.

3-The Samba Boys did not get their nickname by accident appearing to be in fine spirits as they made their way onto the team bus for the game in Qatar.

The paragraph first paragraph is taken from the following article.

To all teachers and members, thank you for helping and correcting my mistakes in all threads.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I rewrote paragraph sentence number one. and Are paragraph sentences one and two and three grammatical? The changes I made are in bold.

1-The Samba Boys did not get their nickname by accident and they appeared to be in fine spirits as they made their way onto the team bus for the game in Qatar.

2-The Samba Boys did not get their nickname by accident, appeared to be in fine spirits as they made their way onto the team bus for the game in Qatar. ❌

3-The Samba Boys did not get their nickname by accident, appearing to be in fine spirits as they made their way onto the team bus for the game in Qatar.

The paragraph first paragraph sentence is taken from the following article.

To all teachers and members, thank you for helping and correcting my mistakes in all threads. It's a nice sentiment but don't waste space in your posts with thanking people. Just use the "Thanks" icon on helpful posts.
Please note my corrections and comments above. As you can see, your first rewrite (sentence #2) doesn't work. You can't just use "appeared" like that. If you had kept "and" but omitted "they", it would have been OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.